Summoners War Links, Requirements and FAQs
Summoners War is a free-to-play RPG game set in a fantasy land where wars have been replaced by civilized battles in arenas. Defeating other summoners in combat allows players to acquire crystals, materials, and more powerful monsters.
Players can also build and expand a magical headquarters, play alone or online against strangers, or join guilds with friends. An in-game chat system (unlocked at level 11) allows players to converse freely with other summoners. Upgrades and miscellaneous items can be purchased with real money or digital currency from the in-game store.
Minimum system requirements:
- Game download size is around 60 MB.
- iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices require iOS 8.0 or later.
- Android devices require 4.0.3 and up.
- Generally, if your device can run these operating systems smoothly, it can run Summoners War. That said, the more memory and storage space you have the better.
Summoners War FAQs:
- Who created Summoners War? Summoners War was created by Com2uS, a South Korean mobile game developer.
- Who founded Com2uS? Com2uS Corporation was founded in 1998 by Korea University students Jiyoung Park, Youngil Lee, and Yu Jin Hyeon.
- When was Summoners War released? Summoners War was released at the Electronic Entertainment Expo on June 12, 2014.
- How many people play Summoners War? Summoners War reached 60 million global downloads in the first half of 2016 and was selected by App Annie as Google Play’s top-selling game. Since then the number of “summoners” has grown to over 80 million.
- What is Summoners War: World Arena? Summoners War: World Arena (RTA) is a real-time, PvP addition to the original game, Summoners War: Sky Arena. RTA is more suitable for hardcore users who want to compete on a higher level, often for cash prizes.
Evan Urquhart expressed the appeal of Summoners War quite well in this excerpt from his article on Slate:
“Perhaps part of the appeal, though I don’t exactly mean appeal, per se, I think I really mean potential for compulsion-forming, is that there’s a built-in measure of automation in the game, allowing one to play it all the time. You can grind scenarios and level-up evolution fodder at work. You can farm for high-level runes or awakening materials while doing the dishes (sort of—be sure to have a dry towel at hand for wiping off your touch screen finger). You can even write an article for Slate while farming the Hall of Light for a rare inugami secret dungeon. In fact, you can do just about everything you normally do in a distracted, mediocre, half-aware way, all while obsessively replaying whichever level it is that you’re currently grinding.”
Ready to get started? Check out this list of terms, acronyms and abbreviations players use in Summoners War.