How to Fix Network Errors in Summoners War
As with any system upgrade, Summoners War updates often create frustrating network connection errors. Perhaps the most annoying are the “failed to connect with the network” and weird login errors that occur during or immediately after a patch or server maintenance.
Random error messages like -3, 7, -10, 18, and “NULL” appear at the most inopportune time with no explanation of what they mean, or how to fix them. Unfortunately, waiting it out is sometimes the only option with most errors resolving themselves in a few hours, or occasionally, a few days.
Com2us attempts to make the process less painful by warning users that an upgrade is coming, when errors will be resolved, and offering “compensation” to disgruntled players. Here’s a typical network error statement from the official Summoners War Facebook page:
“Hello Summoners! First of all, we’d like to apologize for the network error that occurred again. Please note that the issue has been resolved now and you can enter the game. However, please keep in mind that the network environment might become unstable from time to time. There are no words to describe how sorry we are regarding the delay in resolving this error. We’re looking for a fundamental solution to prevent similar issues from occurring again.”
There are several things you can try that may fix the errors, but keep in mind sometimes they work, and sometimes they don’t. Things like your ISP, WIFI, router, mobile data carrier, device type, storage capacity, software version, and your mother’s maiden name (just kidding) can all contribute to network connection issues in Summoners War.
Possible fixes for “failed to connect with the network” and login errors:
- If using WIFI, turn it off and switch to mobile data. If using mobile data, switch to WIFI. Turn off the game then restart your device.
- If using WIFI on a private network, reset your router/modem by turning it off for 30 seconds then turn it back on. Turn WIFI off on your device, wait 30 seconds, then turn it back on. Restart your device.
- If using WIFI, delete all “known networks” then manually connect to your network again. Restart your device.
- If using mobile data, turn on “Airplane Mode” or your device equivalent, wait 30 seconds, then turn the feature off. Restart your device.
- Delete all unnecessary game files (unused language PNGs, etc.), clear all cache memory, then close Summoners War and any other applications running in the background. Turn off your device, wait 30 seconds, then turn it back on.
- Uninstall and reinstall Summoners War then restart your device. This is obviously a very time consuming option, and as stated previously, may or may not work.
- As a last resort, reset your device to its original factory settings then reinstall Summoners War. Again, this is an extreme measure and will probably take more time than simply waiting for the issue to be resolved by Com2us.
As difficult as it can be, when connection errors occur the best thing to do is turn off your device and walk away for a while. The earth will keep spinning and in no time you will be able to escape into the wonderful world of Summoners War.